7/09/2006

Tribute to OIP

In the spirit of one of my favorite blogs, I just had to share my own very own "Overheard" moment of glory.

I only hope that I can convey the hilarity of this moment. I was in the Glenshaw Eat 'N Park with my sister & parents for a late dinner, maybe 9-ish. Anyone who's ever been there knows that this place is full of mutants & defies accurate description but I'll try so here goes:

Our meals had just arrived & everyone was digging in so it was pretty quiet. A flock of late-middle-aged dollar-store aficianados rolls past. Everyone is wearing some sort of stretch pants that leave nothing to the imagination. Their heaving bosoms are covered in cheap polyester in all it's bedazzled glory.

They're all oooh-ing & aaah-ing over some fantastic Romeo & talking about what a "lucky girl Julie is" to have him. They are so jealous of her!

"Right here! Right here!", one of them is shrieking excitedly. "This is where they had their first date so of course it's where he brought her to propose. Can you imagine anything more romantic?"

Umm, how about a proposal that doesn't feature the absolute most ghetto Eat 'N Park in the area? For that matter, how about a proposal sans Eat 'N Park altogether? Maybe I'm some kind of horrible snob but I prefer my romantic dinners at restaurants that don't make me sick on a regular basis.

For the very best of strange tidbits of mysterious & hilarious conversation, visit Overheard in Pittsburgh.

1 Comments:

At 7/10/2006 2:08 PM, Blogger H said...

I agree. Hahaha, I personally wouldn't want to have my first date or a marriage proposal at Eat n' Park either. But, I guess it sort of goes along with that saying, "One man's junk is another man's treasure." Hahahaha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home