6/19/2006

Karma Bites Me on the Ass

Have you ever had one of those moments that's just mortifyingly humiliating?

This morning I walked out of the gas station & was crossing the parking lot to my car. They just put tar over one of the handicapped spots & painted new lines & symbols on it & it must have been slippery in the rain.

I went down like a ton of bricks!! Scraped both knees, right elbow & shoulder & my left hand. Bleeding in 3 places & extraordinarily embarassed. There must have been 50 people in the lot & sitting in traffic at the light in front of the gas station.

I could actually SEE the people in the cars people laughing at me!

But the best part is that when I got back in my car & started to drive to work, something hit my leg . . . I must have fallen on my keys & bent one . . . the key to my office broke off! (It's not like I'm a 400 pound gorilla or anything, the key was already bent & cracked from a previous incident, ok?)

Luckily for me, we rent our office & the landlord has a business next door or I would have really been screwed because my boss is off today!!!

Hopefully, this is not indicative of what my week will be like. It begs the question: Is karma perhaps punishing me for using my blog for evil instead of good? Just in case, I'm only going to post nice things this week & won't make fun of anyone for a whole week. Not ex BF's, crappy neigboring states, our newly drafted future O.J. (Santonio Holmes) or even the jerk that killed the first known grizzly/polar bear mix. Starting now.

3 Comments:

At 6/19/2006 3:21 PM, Blogger H said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA! That was you???!!

Just kidding. I didn't see you...or anyone fall at a gas station today.
It'll be okay, Monday's just suck.

 
At 6/19/2006 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

 
At 6/19/2006 9:31 PM, Blogger Steph said...

Hey, Steve - er, "anonymous" -- BITE ME!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home