5/16/2006

Donald Duck for Congress?

My disdain for politicians knows no party lines. I'm an equal-opportunity hater so party is of no matter to me. If you suck at your job, you should be fired.

One of my personal pet peeves is that Sen. Rick Santorum is still in office. Every time he opens his mouth something embarassingly stupid comes out & it casts a pallor of shame across our entire state.

That's why I was pleased to hear 3 different voters say that they voted against Santorum in today's primary. He's running unopposed so a vote against him is a write-in. Write-ins are a very cool way of letting your party know how extraordinarily disappointed you are in their endorsement & I'm a huge fan of the write-in, especially in the primary.

What's interesting about these 3 voters is that they all chose to write in Donald Duck. They didn't vote together & these 3 people claimed not to know one another & insisted that there is no organized campaign to write in Donald against Santorum. Why Donald? Couldn't get a real explanation from any of them except that it was the first thing that popped into their head. Interesting. If enough Republicans feel as strongly as these 3, Donald may win. Go Donald!

2 Comments:

At 5/16/2006 2:30 PM, Blogger Darv said...

Donald Duck? I voted for Daffy!

 
At 5/16/2006 2:49 PM, Blogger Steph said...

Also an excellent choice. I'd even vote for Elmer Fudd over Santorum.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home