12/11/2006

For the People

Life is good with Verizon DSL. Don't let the tortoise commercials from Comcast bias you against it. Anyone who knows me will tell you that Comcast was my archnemesis for years. Crappy service, phony "specials", mysterious rate increases . . . everything about Comcast just plain sucks.

I was stuck in their clutches due to the strange positioning of my townhouse, which prevented satellite reception. But then I moved & got my dish, along with DSL. Best choice I ever made. I now pay considerably less to receive far more. My internet connection is not only faster but more reliable.

My satellite service is far more reliable, offers more channels for less money & gives me channels I actually want. No more of this: "What? I no longer have NFL Network or Bravo unless I pay $20 more each month? No, I don't think the 24 hr. golf station & radio Disney fill that void at all . . . "

And I don't their need the totally overrated "On Demand" -- having a dual DVR box means never missing anything in the first place.

For those of you who buy into the anti-DSL propaganda or are just plain afraid that satellite service means no reception when it rains, you'll soon have an alternative. Verizon is finally working to bring programming to our area. After decades of revolting tyranny, everyone will have a choice, even the meek.

It's way overdue, but we'll take it. Not that I'd get rid of my Dish, but it's nice to have options in case they become somewhat "Comcastic" in the future.

1 Comments:

At 12/14/2006 2:13 PM, Blogger H said...

Yick...I don't like Comcast either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home