11/20/2006

Odds & Ends

I know I should post more often & I'll try to do better but I have been sick. Very sick. For weeks. It probably has something to do with standing out in the cold & rain handing out flyers on election day. Maybe I supported the wrong candidates & God is punishing me. I don't know.

The pace at school is finally slowing down a little as the semester winds to an end. In fact, there's been such a remarkable downturn that I was able to get caught up on the entire season of Prison Break over the past week. Yay! I love that show.

Sadly, it's just a tease & is not indicative of what's to come. During my lengthy 14-day break between semesters, I'll be loaded down with assignments! They even take Christmas from us, it's so unfair. Right now I'm completely devoid of interesting topics of discussion, save for sports talk & commentary on my favorite tv shows.

By the way, can somebody please tell me why the FBI would bother harassing C-Note's wife & daughter when Teabag is running around the country with $5 million cash, murdering people? Let's take an informal poll: How many of you went to Halloween parties this year & saw at least one person dressed as "Injured Ben Roethlisburger"?

That's a great costume. I hope every single one won a prize. Far more original than the Crocdile Hunter, which was everywhere this Halloween. (Note to my brother: I want my stuffed manta ray back before your dog gets it.)

Bummer of a Nascar Championship. As a fan, I like almost every driver in the sport. Almost. Out of about 45 drivers, there are only 5 or 6 I don't like. Of course, one of them won. I personally believe anyone caught cheating more than once should be disqualified from contention, but that's just me. I can take comfort in the fact that this particular driver is frequently jeered & that the majority of fans were probably disapointed with the outcome this season. Perhaps it will encourage Nascar to dump the ridiculous "chase" format for good.

I'm done wallowing in self-pity & have simply become resigned to a never-ending cold/flu thing. Instead of feeling sorry for myself, I'll blog more. I promise.

1 Comments:

At 11/21/2006 9:58 AM, Blogger H said...

Awww, hope you feel better soon! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home