10/01/2006

Yay! Questions!!!

Hey Steph ~

Couple of things I was wondering...

Do you watch Grey's Anatomy?

Why does there always seem to be a room in the house that's more cold, and one that's more hot?

Since there can be ghosts of people, do you think there are ghosts of spiders? Like, when you're sitting there and you feel a little tickle on your forearm, what if that's the ghost of a spider?

What kind of toothpaste do you use?

Thanks! - Heather

My, Heather, you are one inquisitive lady! But I do appreciate the work so thanks for writing. Let me just say, these are all excellent questions.

I don't watch Grey's Anatomy. I know it's supposed to be the greatest thing since pizza delivery & I'm sure I'd love it. But my TV schedule is packed full of stuff I can't live without & I just can't fit anything else into the rotation.

Ever since I got the DVR, my TV watching has drastically increased. I'm ashamed to admit how much time I spend with the remote in my hand but let's just say, I've been known to sacrifice some sleep for Prison Break, CSI & Scrubs . . .

As far as the hot/cold rooms go, I think it's probably some complicated thing involving physics that I could neither understand nor explain. My bedroom is extremely cold in winter & extremely hot in summer, while the rest of the house is completely normal all year round.

Immature sex jokes aside, we haven't been able to come up with any real explanation for it. Maybe they screwed up the insulation in that room or on that particular section of the roof.

It probably has something to do with the placement. For instance, rooms on the corner of the house often seem colder than others. Maybe they didn't square the corners properly which allows a draft or dampness to penetrate the wall (moisture accumulation could also contribute to humidity & a warmer feeling).

I'm going to do some research ont his one & try to come up with a better answer.

I believe in ghosts & think all living things can become ghosts. If you believe that all living creatures have a spirit of some sort, then it seems logical that those spirits would be fundamentally similar in many ways, including what they "do" after the body dies.

Besides, it would be awfully species-ist to assume that only humans can become ghosts. I mean, what makes us so much better than other species, right? In many ways, animals & insects are far more attuned & receptive to the paranormal than most people.

I've talked to some very credible, not-at-all-crazy people who've had paranormal experiences with animal spirits. Most of the time it involves a pet who's passed away & initiates brief contact to comfort a grieving master. Usually it's a dog, but I've also heard of cats, birds, horses & even pigs. So yes, I think that unexplained tickle could be a spider ghost or ant or cootie or something else.


Horse ghosts are also frequently encountered on battlefields, such as the many National Park historic sites from the Revolutionary & Civil Wars. Sometimes dogs are mentioned there too, as soldiers often adopted strays as mascots. In fact, I've got a great story from Gettysburg about a dog ghost. Since we're coming up on Halloween, I think maybe I'll start posting some of the more interesting Gettysburg stories.


My favorite toothpaste is Aquafresh Extreme Clean. It kind of annoys me that everything is "extreme" nowadays & I was never a big fan of regular Aquafresh. But it's really good. Sometimes I switch it up & use Mentadent or Arm & Hammer but I never use anything with whitening because it makes my teeth hurt terribly.

1 Comments:

At 10/02/2006 6:20 PM, Blogger H said...

Awesome! Yeah, I have heard about ghosts of pets as well. Spider ghosts just seems so creepy, though. hahahaha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home